International Federation of Digital Seismograph Networks

Thread: Re: Voting phase (25 April to 5 May) on the Proposal for a GeoCSV format for rapidly changing parameters

None
Started: 2023-05-05 09:59:15
Last activity: 2023-05-05 09:59:15
Hi Wayne,

I vote yes for the PASSCAL Instrument Center.

Bruce

From: "Wayne Crawford (via FDSN)" <fdsn-wg5-portable-bounce<at>lists.fdsn.org <fdsn-wg5-portable-bounce<at>lists.fdsn.org>>
Subject: [fdsn-wg5-portable] Voting phase (25 April to 5 May) on the Proposal for a GeoCSV format for rapidly changing parameters
Date: April 25, 2023 at 7:57:00 AM PDT
To: FDSN Working Group V <fdsn-wg5-portable<at>lists.fdsn.org <fdsn-wg5-portable<at>lists.fdsn.org>>
Reply-To: crawford<at>ipgp.fr <crawford<at>ipgp.fr>, fdsn-wg5-portable<at>lists.fdsn.org <fdsn-wg5-portable<at>lists.fdsn.org>

Dear WG5 members,

In July of last year, I asked for a vote on Tim Ahern's concept for a GeoCSV format for rapidly changing parameters not handled well in SEED http://www.fdsn.org/media/wg/V/2021/WGV_GeoCSV_Framework_Proposal.pdf. Unfortunately, we did not obtain enough responses for quorum, my apologies. This is a call for a new vote:

Our proposal review team approved the concept (see attached review): I'd like to thank Adam Ringler, Chin-Jen Lin and Joachim Wassermann for their conscientious work.

I ask all FDSN Member representatives to vote "Yes" or "No" for the Acceptance of the proposal review team's Recommendation and a move into the Technical completion phase. The vote will close on 5 May, please vote as soon as possible

The proposal is available from the link on the first line of this email . The review and a copy of Tim's presentation at the 2021 India virtual meeting are attached below.

Best regards
Wayne Crawford

Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris
1, rue Jussieu
75238 Paris Cedex 05
+33 6 14 42 77 70